book meme from tumblr
Stole this from thilia
1. Favorite childhood book?
Can't really pick just one.... loved the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, and Baby-Sitters Club books at various points.
2. What are you reading right now?
I, Q trilogy by Roland Smith
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
A ton... a few dvds, cds, JK Rowling's new book, Prodigy by Marie Lu, The Elite by Keira Cass, The Mark Of Athena by Rick Riordan.
4. Bad book habit?
Starting something from the library, and not finishing it before it's due.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Too many cookbooks, some movies and cds, I,Q: Kitty Hawk, City of Ashes, The Hourglass Door... a few others. I *may* be a bit of a library junkie :)
6. Do you have an e-reader?
Kinda.... I have a smart phone, and I use Aldiko reader to read fanfics
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
Don't have much of a preference, but tend to end up reading several at once.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
maybe.... I read more fanfiction
9. Least favourite book you read this year (so far)?
my stupid freaking geology textbook.... the downsides of being a college student
10. Favorite book you've read this year?
Hard to choose, would have to say anything that doesn't involve textbooks.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
umm.... every time I read a textbook. Otherwise, if a book is interesting I have no problem reading it.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Anything and everything that can catch and keep my interest. Due tend to read a lot of YA fiction, biographies, and cookbooks. Been on a dystopian future genre kick lately.... Basically anything similar to the Hunger Games.
13. Can you read on the bus?
Yep. As long as there is sufficient light, I can read anywhere
14. Favorite place to read?
In bed, 'cuz it's cozy
15. What is your policy on book lending?
If I can trust the person to give it back, then sure. I have a couple friends who I know have a whole pile of my books
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
Used to, not so much anymore. Now I just use scraps of paper and postits
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Nope. The idea of doing it makes me cringe.
18. Not even with text books?
Not even then.
19. What is your favourite language to read in?
English, it's the only language I'm fluent in.
20. What makes you love a book?
Good characters, good plot, engaging.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I think someone will like, then I'll recommend it.
22. Favorite genre?
YA, Dystopian Future.... Think Hunger Games. YA Fantasy, Superhero comics.
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)?
Don't really have any.
24. Favourite biography?
Kaffir Boy, by Mark Mathabane. Read it for high school english, and loved it.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
yeah... one or two.
26. Favourite cookbook?
Either Super Natural Cooking or Deceptively Delicious
27. Most inspirational book you've read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Haven't really read anything very inspirational yet.
28. Favorite reading snack?
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Twilight... but not sure if that was the hype or the book ruining the experience. That was the single most horrible book I've ever read, without being forced to for school.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
No clue, don't ever pay attention to the critics.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I have absolutely no problem with it. If I don't like a book, I'll say so.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Probably Spanish, it's the other language I'm the most fluent in so far. I'd love to be able to read Arabic tho.
33. Most intimidating book you've ever read?
Game of Thrones
34. Most intimidating book you're too nervous to begin?
Don't have any.
35. Favorite Poet?
T.S. Eliot and Dr Seuss
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
37. How often have you returned books to the library unread?
More than I'd care to admit.
38. Favorite fictional character?
Way too many to list. Any of the Weasley Boys, Alanna the Lioness, Keladry of Mindelan, Daine the Wildmage, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley.
39. Favourite fictional villain?
40. Books I'm most likely to bring on vacation?
Whatever I'm reading at the moment, or anything by Tamora Pierce.... I think she's officially my most read vacation reading.
41. The longest I've gone without reading.
Few weeks... depends on how busy I am with school. And even then I'm usually busy reading textbooks.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Game of Thrones, ran out of time before it was due at the library. The Fellowship of the Ring, tried to start it, and just couldn't get into it.
43. What distracts you easily when you're reading?
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
The Spiderwick Chronicles, one of the better film adaptation's I think I've ever seen.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Eragon. Didn't read the book until after I'd seen the movie, but holy crap the movie version sucked.
46. The most money I've ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
$400. Textbooks are evil and must die. Not to mention, they're the biggest freaking ripoff ever.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Not very often. Occasionally I'll read the last page.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Boredom or needing to return it to the library.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you've read them?
If I own them, I keep them. Most I just return to the library when I'm done with them.
51. Are there any books you've been avoiding?
Not really.... 50 Shades Of Grey maybe.
52. Name a book that made you angry.
As an anthropology student, some of the subject matter I've had to read has been touchy, and made me a bit mad. 1984 and Lord Of The Flies pissed me off, but that's because they're horrible and I was forced to read them for school.
53. A book you didn't expect to like but did?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, the first time I read it. Didn't believe it could be worth the hype. Read it, and been a Potter junkie ever since.
54. A book that you expected to like but didn't?
The Fellowship of the Ring. Liked the movie, couldn't get into the book.
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Current Music: watching Once Upon A Time